Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Best Testimonial About A Teacher Who Happens To Be My Mom


I use my video camera at work to promote our products at Coast of Maine. More importantly, I use it in my personal life to record family moments, history and to film my loved ones and friends to preserve them and their memories.

Last week I received a call from a medicinal marijuana caregiver, named David, who was radiant in his praise of our new soil, designed to grow marijuana, called Stonington Blend

As he spoke I was immediately connected to him. He was smart, honest, kind, well spoken and charismatic. He is growing marijuana because of chronic back pain. As the conversation progressed I said, “Would you be willing to give me a video testimonial?” “Absolutely.” Was his response.

We agreed that I would come to his house over the weekend and as we were getting off the phone he said one more thing.

“Is your mom Ann Bonsey”

With a name like Bonsey people are much more likely to ask this question ,then if my name was Smith, and every time someone asks me this question about my parents, siblings or children it is always a positive experience.
 Click Here to view video
Click Here to View Video

“Now you are going to make me cry.” I responded. “Yes she is my mother.”

“Your mom was an amazing teacher and she had a tremendous impact on my life.”

He said several other positive things about mom and then I asked “Can I also video tape you talking about my mom?

“Absolutely.”

My mom is dealing with Alzheimers and although she never watches TV she always loves the videos of her and our family. I knew this one was really going to be special.

When I arrived at David’s house it was beautiful, well maintained and I just felt comfortable being there.

We shot the first testimonial for  Coast of Maine and David was simply a natural. Then while David was tending his plants I kept the camera rolling and simply said, “ As you are squirting your plants here just tell me, as it comes to you, about my mom.”


To the right is the result of that interview. This is the best testimonial for a teacher I have ever seen or heard. Thank you David!

No comments: